Pres Bray PPU Centenary Fund
2021/22 marked the Centenary of Presentation College Bray. Since founding the Past Pupils Union in 1933, we have had a close association with our Alma Mater down through the years.
The Past Pupils Union acts as a social and business network to enable former students from different eras to engage with each other and maintain an important link with the school.
In recent years, we have been delighted to help the college in a few practical ways as follows:
- Provision of job mentoring, networking, mock interviews, and work experience for students
- Funding of various infrastructural and sporting projects including
- floodlighting the senior pitch
- contribution to the setting up of the Cubs (rugby academy for junior school pupils due to join Pres at Secondary Level.)
- Presentation of Past Pupil ties at the graduation ceremony
- Creation of a PPU Science Bursary for students
At the start of the Centenary, we launched the Pres Bray PPU Centenary Fund. The idea was to generate a fund of €10,000 from 100 past pupils during 2021/22, which was targeted at specific projects that became part of the college’s official centenary programme. To date, we have raised over €6,000 and this money has been donated back to the school as follows:
November 2021 – €2,500 for the Spirit of Pres Week
March 2022 – €3,000 for the Rugby Fundraising Initiative
There are further plans to upgrade the sports pavilion and we hope to be able to support this capital project. The PPU are confident that more past pupils can donate €25 + to help achieve our shared goals.
We look forward to a peaceful end to 2022 and hope you can join the Past Pupils Union at some of the upcoming events including the golf outing in September or the President’s Dinner in November (details to follow). We thank you in advance in anticipation of your support for The Centenary Fund.
You can be part of The Centenary Fund by clicking the button below.
President 1995, 1996, 2020, 2021, 2022.